воскресенье, 4 марта 2012 г.

SECTION II SENDS STRONG GROUP SHEN TO SEND SEVEN GIRLS, SIX BOYS; CBA'S BYRD TAKES 300 AGAIN.(SPORTS)

Byline: MAUREEN KELLY Staff writer

TROY Judging from Sunday's performances at RPI's Robison Gymnasium, Section II will be well represented at the upcoming New York State Indoor Track Championships.

Many of last week's sectional champions were in top form in Sunday's State Qualifier, earning the right to compete Friday and Saturday in the State Championships at Cornell.

The top two finishers in each event, as well as the winning relay teams, qualified for the state meet.

Shenendehowa, which won both the girls' and boys' Class A titles last weekend, qualified seven girls and six boys. Both the Plainsmen girls' and boys' 3,200 relays won in Sunday's qualifier.

Shen senior John Jordan will compete in two events after winning the 1,000 and anchoring the 3,200 relay.

Jordan ran a personal best of 2:33.4 in the 1,000. He then ran animpressive 1:56 in his leg of the relay.

``I felt as confident as I've ever been today,'' Jordan said. ``I just wanted to get out fast in the 1,000. I knew I ran hard, but I didn't know what a 2:33.4 felt like.

``We were in front in the relay when I got the baton. I just ran as hard as I could until I got to the finish line.''

The winning time of 8:00.9 delighted Shen coach Matt Jones.

``Jordan's 1:56 on the anchor was just fantastic,'' Jones said. ``From what I know, 7:59 is the fastest …

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий